Our fast-growing company is looking for a detail oriented, take-charge personality, “excited to learn individual” to take on the position of AUTOMOTIVE CLAIMS ADJUSTER at our warranty administration company. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one-year experience in retail auto parts/service and be able to demonstrate a history of excellent communication and detail-oriented administration skills. This position requires an ability to understand, interpret and explain policies and concepts to individuals at every level of customer knowledge making professionalism, tact, and well-developed people management skills a must.
- Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion mechanical claims with moderate direction and oversight. Adjudicating GAP, Tire & Wheel, Key Replacement, PDR other claims types may be necessary.
- Analyzes information captured through communication from repair facilities and customers to verify and determine coverage.
- Research all resources available to validate claim accuracy.
- Determines claim payment amount to be paid to the policyholder or claimant for breakdown or losses.
- When necessary, investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and equitably settles claim to policyholder/claimant which may include interviewing dealer representatives, agents and claimants for claim settlement resolutions.
- Establish, approve (within established limits), process and apply reimbursements to Insurance Carrier accounts, Selling Dealer accounts, Parts Vendors, Policy holders and any internal PWC accounts.
- Interacts daily with Agents, Sub-Agents, Policyholders, Dealers and Repair Facilities to answer and resolve any outstanding claim issues.
- Initiates and conducts follow-ups via proficient use of claims systems and related business systems
- Maintains and develops current knowledge of the mechanical claims adjudication process which may require attendance at various seminars or training sessions.
- ASE Certification(s) or willing to obtain if hired.
- Minimum one-year experience in claims adjusting, retail auto parts/service, or general automotive preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and become knowledgeable of PWC Administration procedures, policies and coverages.
- Typing, minimum 40 wpm.
- Tactful and mature.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good telephone and organizational skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to apply common logic to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed people and principles management skills.